HIS sees parents as partners who help the School achieve its Mission by:
- Understanding and accepting the School's Mission Statement and Core Values and abiding by school policies and practices.
- Encouraging their children to develop positive attitudes to the school and respect for all members of the school community and adherence to the HIS strategy.
- Being open and honest in all their dealings with the school concerning their child's learning and their social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Respecting the holiday periods provided within the school calendar and ensuring that their children attend school regularly and arrive on time each day.
- Helping the school in its efforts to give their children a bilingual education and support in their mother tongue.
- Becoming involved in the school and the local community and using their skills and connections to help the school promote activities which will enrich and enhance the curriculum and provide opportunities for students to engage in action and service in the community.